The ArkansasTuberculosis Sanatorium
The paranormal investigation conducted at the Tuberculosis Sanatorium was at the old Nyberg Building. The construction of the Nyberg Building was started in 1938 and finished in 1941. It is 528 feet long, five stories high and had a 512 bed capacity. At one time it housed doctor's offices, laboratories, x-ray and pneumothorax rooms, employees' cafeteria and kitchen. An autopsy room was located on the 5th floor, with a morgue in the basement.
As Tuberculosis cases grew in Arkansas so to did the population of the Sanatorium. The people came to the hospital to receive a cure, but because the cure had not been fully perfected most died. There have been many stories of apparitions as the workers went about their duties. For the most part the stories have centered around noises, moans and footsteps. Once in awhile the shadow of something crossing the hall or a flicker in the corner of a person's eye would start a good story. Because of the stories, we were allowed to spend the night in the old abandoned Sanatorium to gather evidence of a haunting or to dismiss the stories of overactive imaginations.
We gathered enough evidence to conclude that the old Nyberg Building is paranormally active. Spirits are present on all floors; but the most active is the third floor, especially on the end where prisoners were housed.
Donate by mailing a check to:
The Spirit Seekers, Inc.
Questions or problems regarding this web site
should be directed to Spirit
This site is
based on SPIRIT Theories, Data and Research.